Educational Support Group for Parents of Teens with Eating Disorders
With Intern Lauren Kelley
As a staunch advocate for families Intern Lauren Kelley is applying her training to help parents of teens suffering with eating disorders like Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia Nervosa, and Binge Eating Disorder.
Sirona Therapy is hosting a six-week educational support group for parents who have teenagers struggling with eating disorders.
No parent wants their child to suffer. We understand how difficult it is to feel like a helpless bystander while your teen is caught up in the grip of an eating disorder.
You might be wondering:
- How did this happen?
- How will this affect my other kids?
- Why can’t they just stop doing this and eat normally?
You might be feeling:
- Awkward — because you don’t want to say the wrong thing to your teen (about food/eating/appearance/etc.)
- A sense of responsibility, guilt or shame…you might even be wondering if it is your fault.
- Self Conscious — what will their friends’ parents think?
- Connect with other parents
- Gain a better understand of your teen’s perspective
- Learn how to talk to your teen without causing unintentional harm
- Judgment free zone to ask questions
- Best methods for effective communication with your teen
SPECIAL GUEST SPEAKER
We’re excited that a therapist and mom has agreed to join the group to share her story. The date of her joining is TBD.
No Cost! Sign Up Now!